The quaint mountain towns of Alta and Snowbird are world-renowned as skiing destinations. The deep powder snow, rugged terrain, and sweeping mountain views are a skiing and winter recreation paradise. Because of this, the summer recreation opportunities in Alta-Snowbird are often overlooked. In the summer months, the snow melts away, revealing some of the best mountain biking in Utah. Bike through the Albion Basin in Alta or peddle the cross country trails at Snowbird. After a day on the trails, return to your vacation home with Canyon Services. We provide rentals close to mountain biking trails throughout the Alta-Snowbird area. Visit us and discover your home away from home during your Utah vacation.
Alta Mountain Biking Trails
- Albion Basin Summer Road: This basin is part of the Alta Ski area at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Bike through the Wasatch Range and take in incredible mountain views on this two-mile trail. From Albion Basin Summer Road, you can access Catherine’s Pass and Cecret Lake trailheads.
- Devil’s Castle: This singletrack trail loops around the Albion Basin up against jagged rocks. The climb up can be challenging, but it’s worth it for the spectacular mountain views.
- Little Cottonwood Creek Trail: This trail parallels the road that follows Little Cottonwood Creek. Start at the mouth of the canyon and follow this 3.5-mile trail through rocky spots and small streamlets. This ride is best for intermediate mountain bikers since the trail becomes rocky and strenuous at times.
Snowbird Mountain Biking Trails
- Big MTN Trail: Every summer, the skiing trails at Snowbird are open to the public looking for some of the best mountain biking in Utah. The Big MTN Trail is accessible by taking a tram to the start of the trail. From here, the trail drops 2,900 vertical feet with amazing down canyon views along the way. Navigate through tight forest turns, small earthen tabletops, and wooden bridges. The tram is no longer available for the 2021 season, but make sure to check back next year!
- Cross Country Trails: Luckily, Snowbird has over 7 miles of trails easily accessible to the public free of charge. We recommend starting at the Snowbird Center and getting on the Dick Bass Highway until you reach Gad 2 Road. Another of our favorite trails here is the Mid-Way singletrack loop. This moderate trail includes switchbacks, Aspen forest, and a stream crossing. View this map for more information and descriptions on mountain biking trails at Snowbird.
Utah Vacation Rentals in Alta-Snowbird
At Canyon Services, we have vacation rentals nestled between the Alta and Snowbird Resorts, which provides centralized access to the trails in each town. Experience some of the best mountain biking in Utah in Alta-Snowbird. Our luxury condos are an ideal location to rest up at the end of the day. Our vacation rentals will make you feel at home with fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, and spacious bedrooms. Browse all of our rental properties here to find the perfect place for your group.