One of the most common misconceptions about ski areas is that there is nothing to do when the snow melts. While that may be true for some locations, the same isn’t for Alta-Snowbird during the Utah summer. What’s more, because of our crisp mountain atmosphere, you won’t find yourself drenched in sweat after a short hike. Now, if you’re planning to enjoy the Utah summer in Alta-Snowbird, you’re going to need a place to stay that has all the amenities to make your getaway a seamless experience. Thankfully, Canyon Services offers a delightful assortment of vacation rentals that come with accommodations that will undoubtedly exceed your expectations.
Utah Summer in the Wasatch Mountains
Located only a half-hour from Salt Lake City, our beloved outdoor recreation haven is the perfect spot to escape the hustle and bustle of an urban lifestyle. Part of what makes Alta-Snowbird such a desirable place to visit is its long-standing reputation as a four-season Utah vacation spot. Little Cottonwood Canyon takes on a new persona during the warmer months when the smell of alpine wildflowers fills the air, and a new chapter of adventure opens before you. Today we’ll give you a few ideas on how to spend summer days in one of the Beehive State’s most beautiful locations.
Alta-Snowbird Summer Activities
As you travel around the Alta-Snowbird area, be sure to have a camera with you. You never know when inspiration will strike amid the stunning Wasatch Mountains. In addition to the picturesque vistas found throughout the Little Cottonwood Canyon, Alta-Snowbird has a surprising number of summer activities for those with a penchant for warm weather. Here are five unique favorites:
- The Snowbird Mountain Coaster is a gravity-powered adrenaline rush that will have you plummeting over 3,000 feet of hair-pin turns, corkscrews, and drops. Another similar experience is the Alpine Slide for those who prefer a trackless descent.
- Vertical Drop is not for the faint of heart. Climb 50 feet to the top and decide then if you have what it takes to belay down after a nine-foot freefall!
- Bungee Trampoline is a high-flying and easy way to burn some energy.
- Mountain biking in Utah is nearly as popular as skiing. Be sure to check out Albion Basin, Devil’s Castle, Little Cottonwood Creek Trail, and the Snowbird Cross-Country Loop.
- Scenic Helicopter Tours will give you a bird’s eye view of the legendary Wasatch Mountains and a new appreciation for Utah summer adventures!
Utah Vacation Rentals near Salt Lake City
Having a place to prepare, plan, and carry out your Utah summer vacation means more than lodging. You’ll want to stay somewhere that provides the comforts of home and peace of mind. Summer in Alta-Snowbird can be just as exciting as the winter, but don’t take our word for it! Canyon Services invites you to begin planning by taking a look at our collection of vacation properties. For more information or to make reservations, please reach out to us online or call 800-562-2888.