With an average of 500 inches of snowfall every winter, there’s no denying that Utah has the greatest snow on Earth for skiing. But, even if you haven’t mastered skiing, you can still enjoy the beauty of the season on scenic snowshoeing trails. Snowshoeing in Utah is an easy activity that allows you to get outdoors and appreciate winter without the skill of skiing. Whether you want to hit the trails on your own or join a guided snowshoe tour, Alta-Snowbird is an excellent place for winter adventure.
Snowshoeing Trails Near Alta-Snowbird
Our Canyon Services condos are centrally located near several snowshoeing trails in Little Cottonwood Canyon. If you don’t have snowshoes, we recommend the rentals at the Alta Ski Shop. Experience the silent beauty of winter on these winter trails throughout Alta and Snowbird:
- Little Cottonwood Canyon Trail: This is an easily accessible trail and great for families with young kids. There are multiple access points along the path, so you can easily turn around depending on how long you want to snowshoe.
- Cecret Lake Trail: You can access this trail from Alta Ski Resort at the lot off Summer Road. Snowshoe past idyllic views of Mount Superior and Cecret Lake.
- White Pine Trail: The White Pine Trail is one of the most popular spots for advanced snowshoeing in Utah. The trail is a steep and vigorous climb, but the scenery is spectacular if you are up for the challenge!
Guided Snowshoeing in Utah
If you’ve never been snowshoeing before and would prefer to explore the area with a guide, then embark on a snowshoe tour. These tours allow you to explore the best trails throughout Alta-Snowbird with an expert in the field.
- Utah Mountain Adventures: Join the professional mountaineering guides at UMA for a guided snowshoeing tour through Little Cottonwood Canyon. Guides will share knowledge of natural history and take you to the best trails to view winter scenery like alpine vistas. The tours are available for half-day and full-day adventures.
- Alta Snowshoe Tour: Alta Ski Resort offers snowshoeing tours with a naturalist guide on the third Friday of each month during the winter. The naturalist will highlight the history of Little Cottonwood Canyon while talking about animal adaptations and the surrounding wilderness.
A Memorable Winter Vacation in Utah
Snowshoeing in Utah is just one of many ways to experience the greatest snow on Earth. Learn to ski at Alf Engen Ski School or experience exhilarating snowmobiling at Snowbird. After a day in the cold, return to your cozy condo with Canyon Services. We have everything you need to feel right at home with our fully equipped kitchens, spacious bedrooms, and relaxing fireplaces. Browse our vacation homes and join us for a memorable winter vacation in Utah.