Alta Snowbird Home Rentals
Ski Utah’s Famous Powder
By entering a vacation rental property managed by Canyon Services, you are accepting complete adherence to the rules set forth below:
- Canyon Services Operations Office is located at 9020 South Blackjack Road, in the Village at Sugarplum Complex, Alta, Utah, 84092. It is at the end of the Upper Driveway on the right. Phone 801-742-3880.
- Regular Operations office hours are 8:00 A.M. – 5 P.M. Monday through Sunday. We have night managers on duty to assist you with after-hours questions, and after-hours check-in. After 5:00 PM our night manager will answer your call. If you are unable to reach the office by phone, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- For additional reservations information, please do not hesitate to contact us or e-mail us at [email protected].
- Check-in: after 4:00 P.M.
- Check-out: before 10:00 A.M.
- Additional time outside of these hours will incur a fee
Night Manager Contact Information
- Operations Office at The Village at Sugarplum: 801-742-3880
- The Meadows, The Sugarplum Townhouses and Superior Point: 801-742-3880
- Powder Ridge Manager: 801-742-2624
- Hellgate Manager: 801-742-2020
- You will receive an invitation to download our Check-in app (Hospitality by Glad to Have You) upon receipt of the completed rental agreement.
- The app is full of helpful information for planning your trip, including links for booking discounted Shuttle Service from the Airport, Restaurant recommendations through Yelp and Order forms for discounted Lift Tickets.
- Your detailed check-in information, which includes directions and other important information, will be available in the app, with garage codes and wi-fi information for your stay accessible beginning on your check-in date.
- Early arrivals and/or late departures may be accommodated, when possible, by contacting the Reservations Office. There is an additional fee for this service.
Minimum Night Stay
The minimum night stay varies between 2 – 30 nights, depending on the season.
Reservations less than 60 days prior to arrival
Deposit: Non-refundable grand total is due at the time of booking.
Reservations between 61 – 209 prior to arrival
Deposit: Fifty (50%) of the total rent plus any insurance and fees** (excluding tax) is payable at the time of booking. Balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
Reservations 210 night or more prior to arrival
Deposit: Fifty (20%) of the total rent plus any insurance and fees** (excluding tax and cleaning) is payable at the time of booking. 5 subsequential payments of 16% of the total rent and taxes are due monthly with the balance due 150 days after the initial booking.
We require a valid credit card to make a reservation (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). Your final payment will be charged automatically to the credit card on file. We do not accept cash, checks or Discover Card.
We occasionally have rental properties available for longer term stays. Please inquire at [email protected] for more information.
All fees once paid are non-refundable.
No refunds for late arrivals or early departures. Management reserves the right to terminate your contract with no refund if any rules set forth here or in the Rental Agreement have not been adhered to. Please view our deposit and cancellation policy here.
Ground Transportation and Arrival/Departure Information
- We ask for your arrival times into the Salt Lake so that we can alert you to potential road closures.
- We have partnered with several reputable companies for transportation options: Rental SUV or Shuttle reservations, please click the links to book directly.
- Our housekeeping staff works diligently to prepare each vacation rental property for your arrival. We provide clean bed linens and bath towels in each unit. We also provide an initial supply of tissue, toilet paper, paper towels, bath soap, laundry and dish detergent, as well as garbage bags. We do not replenish these products during your stay. Most properties are equipped with a washer and dryer.
- Please leave the property in the same general condition as it was when you arrived. Staff will arrive shortly after your departure to inspect and thoroughly clean the vacation rental. All food and drink spills need to be cleaned up immediately. Food and drink spills on carpet and furnishings are considered damage (not normal wear and tear) and the cleaning for these will be covered by the Accidental Damage Coverage (if purchased). Guest authorizes Canyon Services to charge the credit card on file for the cost of any damage over the $3000 limit or damage not covered by the Accidental Damage Coverage Policy. Please use consideration and do not wear ski boots, golf cleats or spiked heels on inside floors.
- The refrigerator and freezer need to be emptied of all food and free of spills. Dishes need to be rinsed and placed in the dishwasher. All garbage needs to be gathered and put in the kitchen. Please leave dirty towels in the tub or shower and leave bed linens on the beds.
- In the event that there is excessive cleaning needed or damage to the unit, your credit card will be charged following your departure. Your signature on the Rental Agreement indicates your knowledge and agreement to this stipulation.
No pets are allowed in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The Alta Snowbird area is drinking watershed for Salt Lake City. For more information visit the Town of Alta website.
Smoking is prohibited in and around all rental premises. Should it be discovered that there has been smoking in a unit – all smoke remediation and cleaning charges associated with removing the odors from furniture and unit will be charged to the credit card on file. This situation is NOT covered by the Damage Coverage Policy.
10:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M. Please no loud music or conversations outside during quiet hours. Please exercise courtesy while on decks and in outdoor hot tubs.
Each property is assigned specific parking – in most cases one garage spot per unit. Additional parking space is VERY limited. Please coordinate with your group, as additional parking may be off-site.
Maximum occupancy for each vacation rental property is stated on your confirmation letter, Rental Agreement and in the property descriptions. If you exceed maximum occupancy, stated on the Rental Agreement, you may be asked to leave with no refund. Please see that the number we have on file and the number you have in the unit match. We do not allow guests to sleep on floors or sofas that are not actual beds. Canyon Services rents to adults over the age of 25. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Interlodge = Avalanche Control Work
- Interlodge can occur when Little Cottonwood Canyon receives heavy snowfall in a short period of time, or when there’s a warming of the snow-covered cliffs in the spring and avalanche conditions are high. When Interlodge is declared by the Alta Marshal and or Snowbird Safety, guests are required by law to stay in their rental unit until the interlodge is lifted. Usually, avalanche control work is completed quickly, making it safe to be outdoors.
- Interlodge can last from 2 – 12 hours, though can be longer than 48 hours. Some condos are more likely to become interlodged than others.
- Canyon Services will not be held liable for expenses incurred due to interlodge including transportation, additional and/or lost lodging, etc.
It is important that you have provisions in the event of a road closure or interlodge. Bring at least two days of groceries for each person in your party. The nearest grocery stores are in Salt Lake City over 30 minutes away. Please use our Grocery Stores page to located a store that will work for you and for information.
Many of our Alta and Snowbird properties provide a hot tub for guest use. All hot tubs are cleaned and refilled prior to each guest arrival. Use at your own risk. Guests will be held responsible for any damage to the hot tub or hot tub cover. Canyon Services will not be held liable as a result of misuse of the hot tub. Drain and refill during a stay will incur an additional charge.
Keys may be obtained at the Operations Office located at the Village at Sugarplum. If keys go lost or missing, guests will be responsible for the charges to change the locks on the home.
Damage Deposit Protection
- Our Accidental Damage and Breakage protection, provided by CSA, is available with your reservation to cover unintentional damage or breakage up to $3000 for non-refundable one-time fee of $35. Any damage that exceeds $3000 will be the responsibility of the guest whose name is on the reservation, hereinafter called “Guest”. All damage must be reported immediately and prior to check-out for Canyon Services to repair/replace said damage.
- This coverage does not limit the responsibility of the contract holder for additional charges, nor does it cover intentional, willful, reckless or malicious damage. It does not cover gross negligence of a Guest, Guest’s children or invitees or intentional misuse of furnishings, appliances, equipment or other amenities. It does not cover damage while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The coverage does not cover extraordinary cleaning or damage and extra cleaning resulting from smoking or misuse of the property or damage resulting from the operation of any motorized vehicle by a Guest, Guest’s children or invitees.
- Guest authorizes Canyon Services to charge the credit card on file for the cost of any damage over the $3000 limit or damage not covered by the Accidental Damage Coverage Policy.
- Damage Coverage is not available for residents of New York or Hawaii.
CSA Vacation Rental Protection
- CSA provides our guests with excellent travel insurance coverage to protect your vacation investment. It is highly recommended that guests take advantage of this coverage due to the strict cancellation policy.
- Travel Insurance is not available for residents of New York or Hawaii.
Recreation in a Mountain environment has inherent risks. In the winter, icy and snowy conditions on walkways, pathways, stairs and driveways in and around properties can pose a risk. Every effort is made to remove snow in the winter and make the premises as safe as possible, however, surfaces may remain slippery, walkways may collapse and snow may slide or fall from roofs. Icicles pose a serious hazard. Please wear boots and other appropriate footwear. Please do not allow children to climb on snow banks or play under the eaves of any structure. Playing in the snow anywhere around the rental properties is undertaken at the sole risk and responsibility of the Guest or the Guest’s invitees.
In the unlikely event that Canyon Services is unable to deliver use of a rented property, due to fire, eminent domain, acts of nature or other situations beyond our control, Canyon Services sole responsibility is to provide the use of a comparable rental unit.
Canyon Services assumes no liability for loss, damage, or injury of guests or guests’ invitees or their personal property. You hereby fully release and discharge Canyon Services Property Management and it’s homeowner(s) for all claims, damages, or causes of action by reason of injury or other cause, and hold Canyon Services and homeowner(s) free and harmless of any claim or suit arising from you and any other guest in connection with the occupancy of the premises. We accept no liability for stoppages of transportation, utility services, inclement weather conditions, or natural disaster that may occur before, after or during a vacation home rental period, nor can we be responsible for any other conditions beyond our control.
Canyon Services reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for any damage, theft and/or excessive cleaning. Violation of any of these policies may result in additional fees and early termination of guest’s stay.
Q: How do I make a reservation?
A: Reserving an Alta or Snowbird Vacation Rental is easy! You can book with one of our friendly reservation specialists by calling 888-546-5707 or set up your reservation online. We require a valid credit card to reserve a vacation rental (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express). We can take your deposit by credit card. We do not accept checks or cash for reservations. If you reach our voicemail during business hours, it means we are on the other line helping another guest at the moment. Please leave a message and we will get back to you right away.
Q: How old do I need to be to make a reservation?
A: In order to reserve a vacation rental property at Alta and Snowbird with Canyon Services, you must be 25 years of age and traveling with a group that are all at least 25 years of age or with a family or group accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Q: What is required to hold a reservation?
A: Bookings made 60 days prior to arrival require a deposit of 50% of the rent, plus insurance and reservations fees. This deposit must be paid at the time of booking by credit card. Bookings made within 60 days of arrival require full payment. The timing for Holiday reservations varies slightly – with a 90 day window for final payment.
Q: What happens if I need to cancel?
A: We understand that emergencies occur, often beyond your control. Because Canyon Services has a very strict cancellation policy, we highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to protect your vacation investment. Please see the full cancellation policy at Rental Rules and Polices.
Q: Why choose Alta Ski Area or Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort for your vacation?
A: Adventure awaits you. There are so many wonderful things to see and do, in and around Alta, Utah, Little Cottonwood Canyon and Salt Lake City! In the winter – this area is a winter wonderland with miles and miles of skiing and snowboarding trails for your enjoyment at both Snowbird and Alta resorts. Just an hour and a half away, you can explore Park City and try out Deer Valley skiing or check out the Tanger Outlet Mall off 1-80 in Parley’s Canyon. Cabela’s Sporting Goods is south on 1-15 about 45 Minutes away.
The area is rich in natural beauty, both summer and winter, with its majestic granite peaks and pristine streams. In the summer you can enjoy unspoiled waterfalls, and beautiful hiking and mountain biking trails. Rock climbing and mountaineering are popular in Little Cottonwood Canyon, as well.
Salt Lake City has a variety of beautiful up-scale boutique malls and there are music festivals, art exhibits, and museums to explore. Within a day’s drive, you can experience the incredible natural wonders of many State and National parks. There are plenty of dining out options – from casual, family friendly to five-star high-end restaurants.
Q: Do you ever offer specials or discounts?
A: Occasionally, we run special promotions. For current specials, please see the Specials page of the web site. You can also Follow us on Facebook for additional information on deals.
Q: Can I check-in early or check-out late?
A: Standard check-in time is 4:00 P.M. and check-out is 10:00 A.M. We ask that guests respect these times, our housekeeping staff will need the time available between guests to reset the property and maneuver mountain terrian. Requests for early check-ins and late check-outs will be accommodated whenever possible, subject to availability and payment of an additional $200 fee per hour or an additional nights rent. During the winter season, it is more difficult to accommodate these requests.
Q: Where do I get the keys?
A: At the Village at Sugarplum, you will go to the office to check-in and obtain your keys and a property map that shows you where to locate your unit. At Powder Ridge, you go directly to your unit and call the Manager to check-in. At Blackjack Ridge, Superior Point, The Sugarplum Townhouses and The Meadows, you will go directly to the unit and call for a manager to come check you in and give you your keys.
Q: Does GPS work to find my way to the vacation rental?
A: Sometimes GPS will work in Little Cottonwood Canyon; however, we have found that sometimes guests are led astray. In order to prevent this happening to you we not only have a Maps section on the website, but we send you the appropriate maps for your stay in the Check-in App. We encourage you to save/print them and bring them with you.
Q: What is provided in the vacation rental?
A: All linens and towels, basic kitchen essentials and coffee filters are provided. We also stock the home with an initial supply of tissue, toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, laundry soap, bath soap, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, salt/pepper and olive oil. For most guests, the initial supply is enough for their stay. You may wish to purchase extra, if you think you may need it. This is especially recommended for larger groups and those staying more than five nights. We do not stock any food items – so bring what you need.
Q: What do I do if something goes wrong at the home during our stay?
A: For medical or fire emergencies, please call 911. For situations pertaining to the property (i.e. internet goes out, hot tub issues, housekeeping issues, etc.) we have staff on board 24 hours a day to assist you. If you reach the voicemail, please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. The numbers to call are 801-742-3880 or 800-562-2888.
Q: What is required of me at check-out?
A: Check-out procedures are located in the Guest Guide portion of the website, as well as on in the Rental Rules and Policies under the About Us Tab. Basically, we ask that you leave the beds as they are, put all soiled towels and bathroom linens in the tub or shower, make sure all dirty dishes have been loaded into the dishwasher and all trash and garbage is gathered into bags left in the kitchen. Please empty and wipe out the refrigerator and freezer.
Q: Where should we park?
A: There is a one vehicle garage space for almost all units and you will be given garage codes or an opener prior to or at check-in. Please respect the parking restrictions. Due to snow and weather conditions, we cannot offer additional parking spaces near your unit. If you do have an additional vehicle, please call the office and we will do our best to help you find additional parking nearby, 801-742-3880. Please do not park in front of the offices.
Reservations Office | [email protected] | 888-546-5707
Operations Office | 801-742-3880 | P. O. Box 920025, Snowbird, Utah 84088
Maximize your Little Cottonwood Canyon Vacation
Canyon Services takes great pride in providing exceptional value for our guests. Every Canyon Services vacation home and condo is professionally managed and our guests receive personalized service. Here are ten great reasons to book directly with Canyon Services, the premier vacation rentals of the Alta Snowbird area, Utah’s finest mountain destination.
Top Ten Reasons to book directly with Canyon Services
1. Save Money | Canyon Services does not charge booking fees. When you book with online travel agencies, rent costs are often inflated and you’re charged additional fees.
2. Save Time with Personal Service | Our reservations team cares about your trip! Call today for personalized recommendations.
3. Discounts with Little Cottonwood Canyon Businesses | Our guests enjoy negotiated pricing on shuttle transportation, SUV rentals, Lift Tickets, and Ski Gear Rental.
4. Knowledgeable and Helpful Staff | We know Little Cottonwood Canyon and are able to provide recommendations for everything from Restaurants and Personal Chefs to Ski Runs and Activities for your stay.
5. Our Vacation Rentals are Professionally Managed | We’ve been doing business at Alta and Snowbird for over 30 years. Our on-site management is available to address any concerns that may arise throughout your stay.
6. Support a Local Small Business | We are wholy owned and operated by Utah Locals. Get the advantage of our insider knowledge!
7. Concierge Services | Discounted Lift Tickets upon arrival, Grocery Concierge Service and more available to all guests when they order through the reservations office prior to their stay!
8. Convenience | We accept Visa, American Express, and Mastercard.
9. Secure and Easy 24/7 Online Booking | We care about your security. You can book from anywhere at anytime, with peace of mind.
10. Customer Loyalty | Our guests love coming back to every year. Returning guests enjoy bounceback specials!