Ski enthusiasts around the country have long been anticipating colder days and winter snowfall. Nowhere else in the country does the snowfall quite like Utah, with an average of 550 inches annually. The Alta-Snowbird ski resorts are some of the best places in the country to hit the slopes and experience mountain dining. The Alta and Snowbird restaurants are conveniently located near the slopes, so you can easily refuel for every meal. And our luxury vacation rentals at Canyon Services are the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of skiing. So, visit us in Utah and embark on a memorable winter getaway.
Snowbird is known worldwide for its deep powder snow and the distinct geography of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Due to the popularity of these slopes, the Snowbird Center offers a bevy of restaurants at and around the lodge. From fine dining to casual American cuisine, you can find it all these Snowbird restaurants:
- The Forklift: If you are looking for a place to stop for breakfast before starting your Snowbird runs, check out The Forklift. This restaurant is a traditional American bistro serving french toast, biscuits and gravy, breakfast burritos, sweet cream pancakes, and more.
- Gadzooks: Looking for a quick place to refuel for lunch? Stop at Gadzooks, just steps away from the Mid-Gad chairlift on the mountain. The menu is simple: burgers, hot dogs, cookies, and beverages, but it’s perfect for those who don’t want to waste any time that could be spent skiing!
- The Aerie: This restaurant is a favorite for fine dining and a locally inspired dinner near Snowbird. Imagine dining with incredible mountain views, a glowing fireplace, and the sweet sound of live music in the background. And the only thing better than the setting is the food.
When you stay at Canyon Services, you will be nestled between Alta and Snowbird Resorts so that you can access both incredible areas. Experience the thrill of backcountry skiing and stop at one of these Alta restaurants:
- Alta Java: This breakfast spot is a local favorite at the Albion Day Lodge in the Alta ski area. A great place to stop for a quick breakfast of fresh-baked pastries, waffles, frittatas, breakfast burritos, and of course, coffee.
- Alf’s Restaurant: Take a break for lunch at Alf’s Restaurant and take in beautiful views of Albion Basin and Devil’s Castle. This restaurant also has a unique collection of antique skis and photos of Alta history you can browse while you’re here.
- Rustler Lodge: Enjoy a gourmet dinner at Rustler Lodge with exceptional views of the Alta Ski Area. Every dinner is made with the freshest ingredients, and nightly entrees include ahi tuna, grilled Atlantic salmon, and New York steak. Pair your meal with a glass of complimentary wine and experience the finest apres-ski atmosphere at Rustler Lodge.
Alta and Snowbird Luxury Vacation Rentals
These are just a few of the Alta and Snowbird restaurants you can dine at when skiing in Utah. Find more information about local restaurants on our Canyon Services dining page. All of our luxury vacation rentals are ski-in and ski-out, so you can access both Alta runs, and Snowbird runs. Then end the day in front of the warm crackle of the fireplace at one of our spacious homes. Browse all of our rentals here and start planning for your ski vacation today!