Snowbird is known for its skiing, but when the snow on the mountains melts, the resort transforms into a premier summer destination. Everyone can find something to do this summer, whether you want to ride an exhilarating mountain coaster or take a scenic tram ride. And those with an adventurous spirit can traverse the mountain bike trails or experience unique rock climbing with the new Zipwhipper attraction. Canyon Services offers condo rentals within minutes of the Snowbird summer activities. Spend less time traveling and more time playing on the mountain this summer when you stay with Canyon Services.
Top Snowbird Summer Activities
There are so many Snowbird summer activities that it can be impossible to know where to start. We are here to give you a brief overview of the best things to do at Snowbird, from mountain rides to hiking trails. Learn about the all-day activity pass before you plan your next adventure.
- Scenic Tram Rides: The tram ride is a must during the summer. The tram will take you up almost 3,000 feet to Hidden Peak. From there, you will have panoramic views of the mountain and beautiful blooming wildflowers. Keep in mind the tram is not available for 2022, due to renovations.
- Mountain Coaster: The mountain coaster offers an exhilarating ride of twists and turns at Snowbird. How fast you zip down the mountain is all up to you!
- Ropes Course: Adults love the challenge of the advanced ropes course, and the kiddos have the safe and easy mini ropes course available.
- ZipWhipper: This is a brand new attraction at Snowbird this summer! Climbers have 20 seconds to rock climb to the top before they are let go in an exhilarating free fall.
- Hiking: There are several family-friendly hikes available at Snowbird. Learn about the local area while witnessing incredible views of the mountains, valleys, and wildflowers.
- Mountain Biking: The Little Mtn Trail offers beginners an easy mountain bike ride. You can also rent your equipment on-site, so you don’t have to worry about transporting a bike to Snowbird.
Summer Events/ Festivals
Summer at the ‘Bird offers fun festivals and competitive events. The Wasatch Wildflower Festival celebrates the beauty and diversity of the wildflowers in Cottonwood Canyon. This free event provides guided hikes, crafts for kids, live music, and great food.
If you are looking for a way to get active at Snowbird this summer, then consider signing up for one of the summer races. The three running races taking place this year are the Wasatch Trail Run Series, Speedgoat, and Cirque Series. Read our Utah Mountain Bikes Races and Summer Marathons blog for more information.
Plan a Family Summer Vacation in Utah
There are Snowbird summer activities for everyone to enjoy, from family-friendly hikes to rollercoasters on the mountains. Canyon Services offers vacation homes and condos within five minutes of the resort so that you can access adventure right outside your door! The Village at Sugarplum offers luxurious three-bedroom condos near Snowbird. These properties provide plenty of space for your family and incredible views of Mt. Superior. Sign up for our Canyon Services newsletter, and you’ll receive a discount code for your first stay, AND you will receive exclusive newsletter deals, specials, and news!